Welcome to the Illinois Society of Enrolled Agents’ website!
We are Illinois’ Tax Experts!
Enrolled Agents are federally-authorized tax professionals who:
- Have technical expertise in the field of taxation and
- Are empowered by the U.S. Department of the Treasury to represent taxpayers before all administrative levels of the IRS for audits, collections, and appeals.
- Enrolled Agents prepare tax returns for:
- Small businesses
- Corporations, trusts, and estates
- Plus they act on behalf of taxpayers with tax issues before the IRS or state taxing authorities.
Whether you are a taxpayer or a tax professional, you will find useful tax information here.
If you are a taxpayer looking for a tax professional, please go to the tab, “Find a Tax Expert.”
If you are looking for tax information go to the “Tax Information Center.”
If you are an Enrolled Agent and a NAEA member wishing for information on our upcoming programs, see “Events” or the Calendar on the sidebar. Want to join one of our Chapters? Click on “Local Chapters.”
Are you an Enrolled Agent but not a member of NAEA at this time? We welcome you to join us! We have two Chapters in Illinois with a variety of programs throughout the year. We are proud of our local educational programs. One of the best membership benefits is networking and getting to know your local colleagues. Click “Join Us.”
Finally, if you are a tax or financial professional wanting to know more about becoming an Enrolled Agent, you will find more information under “Becoming An Enrolled Agent.”
This website is new. We are adding new information and features all the time. Bookmark us and come back often! Feel free to contact us–contact details are to the right.
We thank our sponsors, GetNetSet! For making this website possible. If you need a website for your practice, consider their services!
Steve Heeley, President, ILSEA